Monday, April 20, 2020

?? Grandpa's Problem Solving Approach

There are many ways to solve a problem. I shared my all-time best ideas here, but here is a step by step plan that I believe can be applied to almost any problem. I will call the 'problem' - the 'issue'
  1. What is the specific problem (not what is the impact the problem causes)
  2. What or how is this issue supposed to work - explore all modes and steps
  3. Has this happened before - when and what was the solution
  4. If this is different, what makes it different
  5. When was this issue was not a problem - explore all times
  6. List every possible thing that may have changed since that time 
  7. Validate each change, reset the change and see if problem is resolved
  8. Use any search engine to find related causes for the problem
  9. Check friends and family if they ever experienced a similar problem
  10. Step by step try solutions and check results
  11. When applying solutions or retry recommendations a second time, try to modify your steps so you do not repeat the same actions

No comments:

Post a Comment