What I mean is ...
- Technology is changing and advancing
- What we thought yesterday requires us to validate what if any change has happened and adjust
- Every device, tool, home devices, lanterns - you name it comes with a silly instruction sheet
- Stop, sit down and take 5 minutes to read through it - you will save time, money, and frustration
- If instructions are missing try searching the web and YouTube
.. New light controls have 3 buttons to set the time - I spent 1 hour trying with no success. I spent 5 minutes setting it after reading the 2 page instructions
.. I helped my friend assemble a 500 piece (nuts, bolts, washers, screws and panels) build it yourself yard greenhouse. In the first 3 hours we spent 2 1/2 hours looking through bags of parts. Then we stopped and read "Step 1: lay out parts and label them by part number (shown on the last page). 30 minutes later we labelled all the parts and easily moved forward.
.. Our Ring doorbell needed charging. I looked at the device found a screwdriver and tried to remove the Ring from the door. Nothing. I grabbed more screwdrivers - nothing worked. So I went online and searched "how to charge a Ring doorbell". One or two steps into reading it says "the Ring doorbell can ONLY be removed with the screwdriver that came with the device! Dah!! It's now charged.
No comments:
Post a Comment