Program Your Own Brain ... be happy
Here are 7 tips to manage your own brain and program it to be happy (or control negative thoughts)
- Manage Mental Space - push bad things out of your thoughts by filling your thoughts with positive ideas. With less space in your head for negative thoughts, you will be more upbeat. Avoid things you can’t fix ... why worry about things you cannot change?
- Use Positive Self-Talk - tell yourself things WILL go right like "I CAN figure things out" … “I CAN do it ... I CAN strike this player out" ... I WILL win” ... We CAN with this Cheer competition" ... I CAN win in a scary situation. Tip: when challenged at school, stay calm, stay silent - don’t talk (but not talking you offer no feedback to your bully - it scares them since they don't know what you think.
- Change your preferences Program to like or dislike. The trick is to make an association. (if you dislike something, tie it together with something you like and over time you will accept what you don't like. Like, I prefer not to exercise, but when I tie it with having a cup of coffee sitting in the backyard it is doable.
- Affirmations - by repeating a good statement or action over and over - it becomes a habit
- Avoidance Atrophy - focus on the good stuff, not the bad stuff
- Increase your Talent Stack - to recognize things that are related and create ideas
Note state simple and repeat over and over
No comments:
Post a Comment