Friday, February 22, 2019

@ If it's Too Good to Be True? … it probably is

What I mean is ...
  • If it sounds too, too good - it probably is
  • If it sounds unbelievable - it probably is 
  • If you asked to respond- be cautious
  • Stop, think and ask “does this make sense?"
  • Go beyond your emotion and consider what has been said or offered
  • Challenge the statement: 1) is this the first time you heard this; 2) why is THIS so good; 3) what has been others experience; 4) why should I believe it?
Many times we hear or see situations, purchases and comments made by others that we believe to be true - or we want to be true. Remember, we ARE NOT logical people ... we ARE emotional beings. We make decisions primaryily through association. Like ...
  • We associate new X-Box game with pleasure and fun
  • We associate new information with being smarter than others
  • We associate doing something we are asked to do but feel it's wrong to be recognized as 'cool'
In my mind, we should associate all our decisions using logic, thought and responsibility ... not emotion. Some examples:

1. You see something you want to buy and it's 75% lower in cost than you ever saw ... ask "why is it so inexpensive, what's wrong with it, is it a knock-off"
2. You're with a school group who begin making negative comments about someone who walks by and they want you to say something negative also ... although it's cool to be part of that group you can say "I have never known (name) to do what you said, I prefer never to comment on others behind there back, and I wonder what you all say about me when I am not with you."
3. Someone says that they can predict how the stock market will perform this year. You think "what do they know that financial companies can't know,
  













No comments:

Post a Comment