We all face situations where things differ from what we have hoped or expected. From childhood through adulthood we will be faced with these problems that we either decide to resolve or run away from. Running away from problems is weak while facing these unexpected events, understanding them and solving them allows each of us to learn and grow.
- We cannot predict in advance what problems we will come up against
- Most failed situations or problems cannot be predicted - but some can
- Based on my personal experience and dialog with manufacturers and tech support representative - I have found the one most effective troubleshooting tool - a simple question
- The two-part question you must ask yourself is this ... part 1 - "when was this problem NOT a problem (yesterday, last week, last month)" and part 2 - "what has changed or was has occurred since that time that may have influenced the problem I face now?"
Here are some thoughts and ideas to I have used:
1. did I recently change what I normally do to ...
2. did I say or do something that could be misinterpreted by ...
3. was there a software update on ...
4. did others experience the same problem recently ...
5. has this happened before and what did I do ...
what is the problem (not what you think is the cause - but the PROBLEM)
2. did I say or do something that could be misinterpreted by ...
3. was there a software update on ...
4. did others experience the same problem recently ...
5. has this happened before and what did I do ...
what is the problem (not what you think is the cause - but the PROBLEM)
It has helped me resolve:
- applications that did not work after an update
- the pooling of water in the yard after I repaired the sprinkler system piping
- Grandma not talking to me after I embarrassed her with a short joke
- and more
No comments:
Post a Comment