Wednesday, September 25, 2019

00 Oh No! ... does it affect me?

... what I mean is sometimes problems pop-up in school, at home, between friends thatat the moment seem crushing and unsolvable. Then after things become clearer and you have a chance to think, they are not (and I will say never) as bad as you initially thought.

So how do you control your emotions? I suggest you do the following:
1. understand what the real problem or issue is 
2. ask yourself "based on how I feel right know, what is it that is fact and what is it I assume?"
3. write these down on paper so you can see them in two list Facts and Assumptions
4. for each Assumption confirm whether or not the Assumption is real or not
5. using Facts and 'confirmed' Assumptions determine which have a REAL impact on you
6. for those that do impact you, determine which you can change and do so
7. for those that you cannot change, let them go but see how you can minimize their impact 

No comments:

Post a Comment